"Why didn't my handguard come with an endcap?"

Answer: Endcaps are not included with any handguards and must be purchased separately.

"I just bought a brand new forearm, why didn't it come with Anti-Rotation screws?"

Answer:   We Package our Anti-rotation screws within the same plastic bag as the directions and place it inside the forearm. Occasionally the directions get discarded before the anti-rotation screws are recovered.

"What is the difference between a Specter length and a mid-length handguard? 

Answer:   A mid-length handguard is designed for a mid-length gas system (the handguard will NOT cover the gas block).  A Specter length handguard is designed to go over a low profile gas block on a carbine length gas system.

"Can I re-use my crush washer?"

Answer:  No.  Crush washers are a one time use only product.  They actually crush when tightened and do not expand when removed.  A new crush washer should be used whenever one is removed. 


"Can I attach a Flash Hider or Sound Suppressor to the end of my rifle barrel even though it is not threaded?"

Answer:  No, a thread is required to mount our Flash Hiders or Sound Suppressors.  YHM can thread most barrels for a charge of $65, or you can buy a new replacement threaded barrel.  You can also have your local gunsmith thread the barrel, but we would like to take the opportunity to let you know that barrel threading needs to be extremely precise, and if your threads are not concentric to the bore, it may cause a dangerous baffle strike.  All applicable local and state laws apply.

"Will my 7.62 Q.D. mount work on my 5.56mm can?"

Answer:   No.  We purposely make the 7.62 Q.D. mount too big for the 5.56mm suppressor because if you tried to shoot a 7.62 round through our 5.56mm suppressor you would have a baffle strike.

"Which can works best with .300 Blackout/Whisper?"

Answer:   All of our 7.62 suppressors work extremely well on .300 BLK.

"Can I shoot .300 Win. Mag. through my Phantom 7.62 suppressor?

Answer:   This suppressor will work on ANY .30 caliber round including the Win. Mag. and Ultra Mag.

"Can you thread my pistol barrel so I can put a Sound Suppressor on it?

Answer:  No, you need to purchase a threaded extended barrel for you handgun.  YHM does not sell or manufacture threaded extended barrels for handguns, we suggest you try Storm Lake Barrels.


"How do I know my order has been shipped?  How long will it take to get my order?"

Answer:   Retail orders typically ship the business day after the order was placed.  We ship via USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground Service depending on the weight and value of the package.  You will typically receive our order within five business days of placing it.  If you supplied an email address, we will send a confirmation email the day it is shipped, with the type of shipping we used.  FedEx also sends out confirmation emails when it is shipped.  UPS also sends a confirmation email including the tracking number (If you supplied your email address).

"Is the item I want actually in stock?"

Answer:   If you can add the item to your cart, it is in stock.  On the rare occasion we are sold out of an item that you ordered, we will call you immediately to offer an alternative. Our website is updated regularly.

"The part I want is never in stock, when will you be making more?"

Answer:   We are always making more! As a manufacturer, we have a responsibility to supply our dealers and distributors with product before we can offer it for sale on our website.  If an item is "out of stock," it is being shipped to our dealers and distributors across the country and available through them.

"How do I send parts for Warranty services?"

Answer:   YHM products are warranted to be free from defects in MATERIAL and WORKMANSHIP. Please contact a YHM sales representative to request an RMA number. Then, simply send us the parts in question, with a note explaining the problem. When you send a part in, you the customer must pay for shipping.  If the problem is determined to be a defect in materials or workmanship we will repair or replace the part and reimburse your shipping cost.


"What Qualifies someone to become a dealer?"

Answer: The only prerequisite we require is a business license.  If you will be buying serialized parts we also require a Federal Firearms License. Additionally, if you will be buying Sound Suppressors or Short Barreled Rifles, a SOT for the current tax period is required.

"How do I create an online dealer account?"

Answer: This answer varies depending on if you are a new, or existing YHM dealer.

New Dealers:

Go to www.YHM.net, scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and you will see a New Dealer Sign-Up button. Click this  (or use this direct link) , and it will bring you to a page where you can enter your Business Name, Contact Person, Telephone, and Email Address (This email address will be used to establish your account.)  We will then email you our new dealer package which gives you all the information necessary to become an authorized YHM Dealer.
Follow the instructions in the package and send the required documents to us (fax or email preferred.)
Yankee Hill Machine Co. Inc. 412 Main St. Easthampton, MA 01027

Fax: 1-413-586-1326 Email: [email protected]

Existing Dealers:

Go to ww.YHM.net, and scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and click the Dealer Sign-Up button (or use this direct link)  This will bring you to a page where you must enter your Business Name, Contact Person, Telephone, and Email Address.  Once we verify your information you will receive an email containing your password for the dealer site.